Field Claims Representative - Central Wisconsin (Eau Claire)
ACUITY Insurance in Eau Claire, WI
- Industry: Financial Services - Insurance - Claim Adjuster
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $62,950.00 - 92,110.00 / Year*
Acuity is seeking an experienced Field Claims Representative to investigate and resolve Commercial and Personal Lines claims with empathy, passion, and a sense of urgency. The candidate should have experience in handling automobile, general liability, and property claims. Experience handling trucking liability claims is a plus.
This position is expected to be a resident within the central Wisconsin geographic area. Acuity looks to our Field Claims Representatives to handle the entire claim from the investigation of a loss, to the determination of coverage and liability, to disposition including litigation if necessary.
Acuity offers an impressive array of benefits including an excellent salary, company car, 401k 8% contribution (no match required), company-issued iPhone/iPad, health club reimbursement, professional development opportunities, and much more.
- Organizes work and arranges for immediate contact with all pertinent parties surrounding claim assignment
- Completes a thorough investigation to determine coverage, assess liability and evaluate damages
- Conducts investigations and provides customer follow-up in person
- Evaluates, revises or recommends reserve changes
- Inspects and determines property damage
- Understands basic anatomy, medical terminology and has ability to decipher medical records and bills
- Identifies and pursues all subrogation opportunities
- Employs customer service concepts and requirements
- Identifies potentially fraudulent claims and promptly refers them to the SIU
- Maintains a sense of urgency while implementing proactive claim handling plans and procedures
- Properly and effectively utilizes sound judgment, discretion and settlement authority to resolve claims through negotiation, settlement or denial
- Handles all claims as assigned, including claims in other districts as requested
- Maintains positive attitude
- Always represents the Company in a professional manner
- Maintains company property in good working order, requests new equipment and secures authorization for repairs
- Maintains working relationship with field sales force and underwriting department in securing and giving information on claims and regarding the risk desirability of insureds
- Supervises and directs defense attorneys in preparing a case for trial, including attending mediations and depositions
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Performs other duties as assigned
College degree or equivalent
Minimum 5 yrs of Multi line claim adjusting, preferably in the field
- Knowledgeable in all matters relating to property and casualty claims practices, policies and procedures
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Basic understanding of state statutes and case laws
- Customer service oriented
- Efficient use of laptop and associated software, including e-mail and word processing
- Work independently
Associated topics: auto, casualty, claim investigator, damage, fraud, insurance examiner, insurance investigator, investigate, liability, title examiner
* Estimated salary
You may be interested in these similar jobs near Eau Claire, WI!