Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
To connect with a recruiter on current openings, text 'ADS' to 44844.
Plan, organize, direct and control the activities of the Division's maintenance function in order to maintain a safe, reliable and cost effective fleet of vehicles and/or equipment and/or adequate supply of containers. Set the standard for excellence in the Maintenance department.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Manage the department staff with responsibility for hiring, training, scheduling work assignments, managing performance, disciplining and authorizing overtime
- Serve as an integral part of the facilities management team in assuring coordination of efforts of all departments in providing quality service to customers, budget preparation, and goal attainment
- Regularly communicate with operations and sales regarding status of fleet vehicles, containers and/or other equipment
- Monitor and inspect work in progress and at completion to ensure quality and safety standards are maintained
- Maintain adherence to company policy in regards to operations and safety issues. Maintain a safe and productive work environment for all employees
- Set the standard for excellence in the Maintenance Department and assume a leadership role
- Maintain an ongoing preventive maintenance program to assure vehicle safety and operating efficiency
- Ensure corrective maintenance is performed safely, effectively, and expeditiously in order to avoid unnecessary downtime of vehicles and/or containers
- Control maintenance costs relating to personnel, purchasing, inventory control and outsourcing of repairs
- Review status reports including road calls, break downs and shop hours
- Understand and respond to trends
- Assist in the purchasing of new vehicles, equipment, tools, and containers/compactors by providing input regarding vehicle specifications
- Assure all data pertaining to the maintenance operation is available for input into the vehicle maintenance system in an accurate and timely manner
- Interact in a professional manner with employees, vendors, suppliers and contractors
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of OSHA, DOT and other related federal regulations
- Strong attention to detail required
- Ability to read and interpret documents as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to communicate effectively across various levels of the organization, and communicate with customers and vendors
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong motivational, coaching and teaching skills
- Must meet all regulatory requirements to operate trucks and other equipment used.
Education: High School Diploma, GED and/or equivalent work experience
Years of Experience: Four years of vehicle, equipment and hydraulic maintenance experience. Two years of experience as a supervisor, manager or other leadership role
Certifications: Valid commercial driver's license preferred. A Mechanic school certification and/or ASE certification is preferred
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE USED:
- Usual office equipment including calculator, copier, telephone, fax and computer
- Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Company information system applications (RTA)
- Vehicle diagnostic equipment
- Primarily office environment
- Occasional exposure to extreme temperatures
- May be exposed to solvents and chemicals, and refuse in trucks
- Other risks associated with working around machines, tools and trucks
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to organize office systems
- Ability to use a computer and related devices, such as a keyboard or mouse or other related equipment, throughout the workday while seated at a desk or workstation
- Ability to climb ladders, bend or stand for long periods of time. In addition, individuals must be able to reach above shoulders and lift a minimum of 50 pounds
This job description is not a contract and does not affect the at-will nature of your employment relationship with Advanced Disposal. Furthermore, this job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and does not and cannot address every responsibility or duty you may be expected to perform during your employment. Advanced Disposal reserves the right to modify or amend this job description at its discretion, without prior notice.
All qualified applicants considered regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, religion, age, gender orientation or other protected status
Associated topics: automotive, breakdown, diagnose, field service, field service technician, machine repair, malfunction, mechanical, repair, troubleshoot
Loading some great jobs for you...