Human Resources Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Human Resources
Loading some great jobs for you...
About us Common Ground Healthcare Cooperative is a 'who' not a 'what.' As a cooperative, we are thousands of Wisconsin residents buying health insurance together, supported by a staff focused on providing the best possible service to our members. We are a not-for-profit cooperative, governed by a Board of Directors made up of members who purchase our health insurance. Any earnings are returned to our members in the form of lower prices and better services.
Our Culture We are here because we can make a difference in the lives of others. We believe that serving our community is meaningful work and we hold it in the highest regard. We are vibrant, dynamic, and value-focused individuals who welcome different points of view, perspectives, and thoughtful solutions to challenges. We encourage teamwork, integrity, mutual respect, honesty and doing the right thing. We know the importance of showing appreciation for a job well done, celebrate our achievements, and make room for fun and laughter in the workplace.
Our Job We are continuously improving our efforts to serve our members and lower their overall healthcare cost through our three key pillars: Advocacy Partnership Innovation.
Does this sound like a culture you'd like to be a part of? Come join a fun team of committed professionals!
How You'll Make a Difference
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for providing support and guidance to the leaders of the cooperative in the areas of recruitment, performance and compensation management, and HR policy development and to help ensure Common Ground Healthcare Cooperative (CGHC) is positioned to meet its strategic business initiatives. The Human Resources Manager will be a passionate advocate for CGHC staff and will facilitate a strong organizational culture by assisting leadership with developing and driving culture initiatives to ensure that CGHC remains a great place to work.
Utilize Your Skills By:
- Support leadership with recruitment to include job description development, job ad development and placement and active recruitment using job boards, social media, and employment agencies. Support leadership with interviewing and testing, provide advice on candidate selection, conduct and analyze exit interviews and recommend changes.
- Support leadership with the performance management process always ensuring effectiveness, compliance, and equity. Supports departmental needs to obtain certifications and other business needs.
- Responsible for compensation management. Research and understand the current and upcoming competitive markets for employee pay and benefits. Develop and evolve an organization's pay scale and structure.
- Implement and maintain employee benefits program, study and assess benefit needs and trends, recommend benefit programs to leadership, answer employee questions about benefits, conduct annual educational and enrollment meetings on benefit programs.
- Respond to and investigates employee relation issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations, and civil rights complaints in a professional, confidential, and timely manner by using fact-finding meetings and interviews. Provides detailed documentation of incident(s) to the supervisor and communicate a proposed action plan for approval prior to implementation of resolution.
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements, maintain records. Provide unemployment compensation information as requested for employment hearings and required reporting.
- Responds to governmental and/or regulatory inquiries for employee statistics and other information.
- Efficiently administers and manages all types of leaves of absence, to include personal and family medical, worker's compensation, and/or leave related to ADA.
- Participate on committees and facilitate social activities, employee wellness activities and employee recognition activities that foster a positive and productive culture. Administer the annual employee satisfaction survey and partner with leaders to achieve excellence in employee satisfaction scores as measured through the annual Top Work Place Survey.
- Maintain and revise the company's employee handbook as well as all HR policies and procedures.
- Leads continuous improvement to enhance HR value and establish data metrics.
What You'll Need to Bring:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Human Resources, Business or another relevant field.
- Minimum five (5) years Human Resources management experience
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of Human Resource management, including related legislation and employee relations practices and policies
- Knowledge of health care and/or health insurance industry a plus
- Highly professional approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; ability to collaborate with others; ability to work in small company environment; follows through on commitments.
- Unquestioned integrity and ethics; ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to make presentations.
We've Got You Covered CGHC offers a comprehensive benefit package and broad range of programs to meet the needs of our employees to help protect your health, wealth, and future.
Loading some great jobs for you...