Job Description Accounting Coordinator (Part-Time)Job Description
Ducommun's Appleton Performance Center is seeking a part-time Accounting Coordinator! The Accounting Coordinator will be responsible for performing routine accounting activities such as, maintenance of the general ledger, preparation of various accounting statements, and financial reports. Perform the functions of accounts payable or receivable depending on functional area.
- Research and resolve accounting discrepancies concerning payment terms, price variance, quantity differences and supplier/customer disputes.
- Communicate and work with other departments for resolution.
- Assist department with reporting and analysis while ensuring data integrity.
- Maintain supplier/customer database with accurate accounting information such as: remit to bill and ship to market codes, terms, etc. according to company policy and ISO procedures.
- Reconcile various general ledger accounts to supporting details including reconciliation of AR.
- Process supplier/customer invoices and credits including routine daily transactions and all miscellaneous or special invoices and credits as required.
- Process supplier invoices and credits including routine daily transactions and all miscellaneous or special invoices and credits as required.
- Process cash disbursement checks through the computer and control check releases upon authorization from management.
- Reconcile various general ledger accounts to supporting details including reconciliation of AP.
Skills & QualificationsRequired Skills & Qualifications:
- Extensive, accurate, data entry
- Take initiative, using experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Assist in developing methods to evaluate and implement procedures which ensure compliance, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Prepare documentation for internal and external audit of accounts receivable and/or accounts payable as needed for financial and SOX audits.
- Organize the filing and reference systems pertinent to accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Adhere to General Requirements of Team Members
- Perform other assignments as required
- Strong computational skills and the ability to conceptualize and understand reports and data.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects at a time.
- Must have intermediate Microsoft Office skills, including e-mail, Word, and Excel. Prefer advanced skills in Excel.
- Able to work with a high level of accuracy
- Must have high integrity and ability to work with high levels of confidentiality
- Professional attitude and demeanor; problem- solving and prioritization skills
- Abilities listed in General Requirements of Team Members.
- High School diploma required; college education or business school preferred.
- 2-4 years progressive experience required in an accounting function.
2222 East Pensar Drive
Appleton, Wisconsin, 54911