Material Handler - All Shifts
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Description Material Handler - All ShiftsJob Description
The Material Handler is responsible for maintainingthe flow of material from receiving to storage to production to shipping. Additional responsibilities include:
Skills & Qualifications
- Assist in enforcing all of the Materials Departments processes so that only authorized personnel are able to receive or distribute materials to or from stock.
- May perform equipment and tooling setup, machine maintenance and in-process trouble shooting.
- Assist in entering data into the business system daily, support and maintain any documentation systems
- Prepare and provide proper documentation
- Pull material from stock to provide the material necessary for an assigned job
- Electronically transact materials to update the business system
- Receive all incoming material, opening packages, crates, and checking material for visible damage
- Verify parts and part numbers against packing list to ensure accuracy; notify supervisor of all discrepancies
- Deliver items to incoming quality inspection, if applicable, and all other material to proper storage areas
- Deliver the parts to the designated work centers or staging areas, ensuring timely response to any deadlines or ship dates
- Handle, store, pack, label, and distribute material using proper techniques to ensure no damage to the material as well as to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Rearrange storage area as necessary to accommodate varying parts, components and finished stock while maintaining storage area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Perform daily cycle counting to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Prepare and package products to ship, building special packaging to support various products which require special handling per customer specifications and quality workmanship standards
- Support the first in first out practices while storing all inventory items
- Adhere to the General Requirements of Team Members
- Responsible for the proper handling and management of hazardous waste generated in their work area.
- Perform other assignments as required
- Highschool diploma or equivalent
- Two years experience preferred
- Intermediate computer skills (working knowledge of MRP systems, Excel, and Word).
- Intermediate understanding of ESD prevention
- Ability to operate forklift truck
- Ability to operate equipment required to pack and move products.
- Knowledge of proper techniques for lifting and carrying
2222 East Pensar Drive
Appleton, Wisconsin, 54911
United States Job Requirements:
Associated topics: dock c, forklift, fulfillment, intern, logistics engineer, material handler, palletizer, supply chain, warehouse, warehouse operation
Loading some great jobs for you...