February 22, 2019 - Waukesha, WI
This position is located in Waukesha, WI.
HUSCO Automotive provides individuals the opportunity to pursue a career within a fast-paced, industry leading and entrepreneurial organization Designers work closely with our HUSCO International Engineering team to support innovative new designs and customer applications. A successful Designer is detail-oriented, proficient in Pro/E, able to rapidly learn new concepts/techniques, a strong team player and has a strong mechanical and technical background. This individual will go the extra mile with his/her team to meet and exceed customer expectations. Able to operate independently in a fast paced and dynamic environment, Designers can switch gears quickly to meet project requirements and assure that design features, dimensions, tolerances and allowances conform to functional and manufacturing requirements.
HUSCO is committed to building an environment for employees to be able:
* To have the flexibility of their own work and put a personal 'stamp' on their output
* Continuously expand and development their professional skills and knowledge
* Create a product for our customers that serves a greater purpose to communities around the world
* Create Complete and Accurate Prints and Solid Models. Responsible for the creation and improvement of component drawings and solid models. Work closely with Engineering team to prepare conceptual sketches of new products from required specifications. Able to quickly grasp new component design concepts, creating design layouts that determine the relationship between components, tolerances, allocation of space and component geometry. Make necessary calculations to establish acceptable standards of performance, selection of materials, hardware and type of construction. Consistently checks all layouts, sketches, calculations and formal drawing documentation of designs for accuracy, completeness and adherence to standards.
* Design for Assembly and Manufacturability. Investigate design options to reduce cost, improve performance and optimize manufacturability. Ensure design features, dimensions, tolerances and allowances conform to function and manufacturing requirements.
* Execute New Project Set-up and Design Change Requirements. Create new project folders, project set-up in Baan and updating engineering print database. Responsible for revising drawings, preparing change orders, investigating change requests and proposing redesigns to improve performance or reduce costs.
* Scale Steep Learning Curve. Rapidly expand equipment and component knowledge. A wide variety of new designs and applications are developed within the Engineering department, requiring successful Designers to grasp concepts and build a deep knowledge of component design requirements quickly.
* Strong Team Player and Contributor. Able to work well with colleagues and produce results within a fast-paced, high pressure and dynamic atmosphere. Combines strong attention to detail and technical background with ability to execute quickly and consistently with minimal supervision. Able to take direction from multiple engineers, effectively managing priorities and communication.
* Associate Degree or equivalent military or formal training with emphasis in Mechanical Design or Mechanical Engineering Technology.
* Minimum of two (2) years of experience using CAD technology relevant to current HUSCO software: Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire experience required; CATIA, Mechanica (FEA) and QuickCAD experience helpful.
* Thorough understanding of engineering drawing practices, ANSI standards, and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
* Working knowledge of manufacturing methods and processes.
* Strong oral, written and listening communication skills.
* Ability to work independently.
* Ability to interact with people at all levels of responsibility.
* (Authorized to work in the United States.)
* In a standard workday this person will be required to sit 65%, stand 15%, walk 10%, lift 5%, bend, kneel, or drive <5%, and lift materials purchased weighing up to 20 lb. frequently and up to 35 lb. occasionally.
* Repetitive use of the hands as to fine manipulation/dexterity will be required for data input, writing, manipulation of \"mouse\" and phone dialing. Telephone duties require clear and audible speech.
* Visual requirements include excellent number and depth perception, strong reading abilities, ability to read computer printouts and computer spreadsheet applications.
* This person may come in contact with office hazards. Temperature and humidity are normal for this position and there are no unusual atmospheric conditions.
* Will be required to wear personal protective equipment in posted areas of the plant, including safety glasses, ear plugs, and safety shoes.
Total awareness of the plant environment as it pertains to the safety of other employees, operation of equipment, handling of equipment/materials, and visitors is required.This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. (All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others). The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills and abilities. (This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an \"at will\" relationship.)
(HUSCO INTERNATIONAL IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.)
Apply For Job