Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the mining, forestry, industrial and construction industries that maximizes value for customers through innovative solutions. With a full line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies and global service network, we help customers safely and sustainably optimize their operations. Our Komatsu, P&H, Joy and Montabert equipment and services are used to extract fundamental minerals and develop modern infrastructure.
We have an opening for a Senior Network Engineer to join our global IT team. This position is responsible for designing and managing the network infrastructure in a large, complex, global environment. This position requires excellent technical skills and proven attention to detail, process, and discipline within a production environment.
* Design, architect, and manage network infrastructure that best supports business initiatives
* Collaborate with Technical Architects in network and other systems design
* Perform network assessments
* Escalation point for advanced network related troubleshooting
* Lead cross-functional teams to define technical solutions
* Investigate and resolve network incident tickets
* Participate in on-call rotation
* Provide coaching to junior team members
* Other duties and projects as assigned
* Bachelor's degree in IT or a related field ? or - equivalent work experience
* 5+ years of recent network engineering expertise supporting a global, 100+ site WAN and LAN environment
* Experience implementing and supporting SD-WAN environments.
* Experience defining and implementing enterprise network security best practices and policies
* Installation and support of Cisco, controller based, wireless solutions.
* Strong knowledge of networking technologies and WAN communications including TCP/IP (routing and subnetting), QoS, SD-WAN, MPLS, IPSec, VSAT, MetroEthernet, DSL, etc?
* Strong knowledge of Layer2 and Layer3 Cisco switches including Catalyst 29xx, 35xx 37xx, 38xx and Nexus
* Strong troubleshooting skills, must be able to work effectively with technical and non-technical remote support
* Experience with Network Monitoring tools with a good understanding of NetFlow
* Experience with WAN Acceleration products ?Riverbed Steelhead and WaaS
* Experience with Cisco Security appliances (Pix and ASA)
* Experience supporting voice and video across the WAN
* CCNP and CCDP certification desired, CCNA Voice a plus
* Some Linux and simple scripting experience a plus
* Ability to work occasional evening and night shift hours for project and coverage needs
* Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Associated topics: 5g, analog, circuit, electrical, electrical engineer, engineer, network engineer, scada, system analyst, wan