A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's?, SNICKERS?, TWIX?, MILKY WAY?, DOVE?, PEDIGREE?, ROYAL CANIN?, WHISKAS?, EXTRA?, ORBIT?, 5?, SKITTLES?, UNCLE BEN'S?, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA?. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD? Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl?, VCA? and Pet Partners?. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles - Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom - inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Purpose of Role:
Develop and lead strategic logistics initiatives which deliver higher service levels, greater logistics flexibility and capacity, and produce operational efficiencies.
The Site Logistics Manager is responsible for vendor relationships, inbound logistics, on-site/regional finished goods inventory management, customer order management, multiple site warehouse management and finished goods shipments to regional distribution centers and affiliates. The Logistics Manager builds a strong team whose members perform across divisional lines, yet see their first priority to deliver supply chain excellence to the site and business while maximizing Customer Service. To create an infrastructure and culture of \"continuous improvement\" and \"lean\".
* Develop and implement Supply Chain Strategies in line with the OGSM.
* Identify and eliminate \"supply chain\" constraints to ensure maximum service levels are obtained.
* Coach and develop leaders and team members to successful results, including identifying training and development needs.
* Lead the execution of cultural changes and activities needed to support the FMOS process.
* Maintain contingency plans for time sensitive operations (unscheduled absentees, customer issues, system malfunctions, inventory exceptions, supplier quality exceptions, fleet equipment issues, etc.).
* Liaison with the Customer Care Team and works to maximize customer service metrics within the region.
Key Functional Skills/Knowledge:
* Strong knowledge of ISO, Quality Management Systems, Good Manufacturing Practices and Food Safety, Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point Systems (HACCP) and Regulatory Guidelines and Good Warehousing Principles.
* Strong questioning and probing skills to discover issues and to verify the accuracy of information, results and data.
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate, influence, negotiate, motivate and lead a team.
* Ability to lead multiple teams across multiple sites.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Effectively communicate and influence at all levels of the organization including the reporting and presentation of data as required.
* Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Nexus).
* Ability to transfer procedures and training experiences to others.
* Understanding of the change management and capital appropriations processes.
* Flexibility to adapt to regularly changing priorities and quality issues.
* Ability to handle sensitive information.
Mars Leadership Capabilities:
* In-depth knowledge of key customers and anticipate their impact on all elements of the supply chain.
* Logistics Management - Design and adapt the business unit's total execution plan for logistics operations including inbound supplier verification, production replenishment demands, warehousing requirements, transportation fees and service level requirements.
* Commercial Awareness - Liaise with Commercial to build and support commercial decisions that improve the overall business shape.
* Establishing clear directions; sets stretching objectives; distributes the workload appropriately; lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner; maintains two way dialogue with the others on work and results; brings out the best in people; is a clear communicator.
* Knowledgeable about how organizations work; knows how to get things done both through formal and informal channels and the informal network; understands the origin and reasoning behind key policies, practices, and procedures; understands the cultures of organizations.
* Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team.
* High school diploma or GED.
* Two (2) plus years' experience in Supply Chain Management or Logistics Management.
* One (1) plus years' experience in managing and leading people.
* Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
* Experience with SAP and Red Prairie software systems.
* Ability to drive positive change in both processes, systems and culture.
* Strong internal and external customer focus with great follow-up.
* Proven leadership skills, coaching and developing leaders and associates.
* Knowledge of GMP
* College Degree
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Associated topics: analyst, lead, logistics, logistics manager, logistics specialist, manager, shift supervisor, supply chain, warehouse analyst, warehouse management