General Construction Superintendent
Michael Page in Milwaukee, WI
- Industry: Construction - Superintendent/Manager
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $110,100.00 - 161,850.00 / Year*
* Coordinate with the Operations Manager for all assignment of Superintendent and Foreman positions.
- Assign and coordinate all trade field assignments with the needs of various projects.
- Support Superintendent throughout the duration of the job.
- Review project schedules with Superintendents/Foreman. Ensure that critical activities and decisions remain on task and that Required On Job (ROJ) dates are provided to the project management team.
- Document project field issues that impact budget, quality or schedule, and provide to the project management team.
- Respond to subcontractor requests for field issues that impact budget, quality or schedule.
- Provide oversight for the Superintendent/Foreman for the development and maintenance of a Resource Allocation Control System (RACS).
- Provide guidance in implementation of the Project Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) program.
- Identify projects with Self-Perform opportunities and assist in the development of the Self-Perform proposal.
- Manage Self-Perform performance.
- Work in concert with Business Unit Safety Director to implement the BU Safety Program.
- Manage Review of Capabilities, Accomplishments and Progress (ReCAP) progress for field trades people.
- Maintain a progression/succession plan for all high-potential tradesmen in conjunction with the Operations Manager (OM).
- Manage training for tradesmen.
- Support Business Development, Estimating and the Project Executives (PX's) with development of operational plans for all pursuits.
- Support the Project Executive, Project Superintendent and Project Manager to support development of logistics plans and schedules during pre-construction and early project activities.
- Inspect work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules.
- Document onsite activities in the daily report, including verbal directives, delays, progress photos, weather conditions and onsite manpower.
- Develop the detailed construction phase schedule for the project and update weekly to ensure critical path activities and milestones are being achieved. Develop recovery plans to mitigate any delays to the critical path of the project.
- Establish and maintain an effective and professional onsite working relationship with Owner, Architects, Consulting Engineers and other parties related to the project.
- Supervise and train employees.
- Enforce a safe work environment, practices and culture on the project.
- Assist in the planning and monitoring of the quality control program.
The Successful Applicant
- 15-20 years of experience as a (5 years minimum) as a Senior Superintendent on commercial, healthcare, warehouse, Industrial, or aviation construction projects at $50M or above
- Works with subcontractors to complete project within the given budget and time frame
- Communicates with supervisor of tools and materials to resolve construction problems and to improve construction methods.
- Maintain cost control,manpower planning and scheduling
- Experience with Project closeout and punchlist management
- Ability to organize people, tools, and equipment.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to stay calm under pressure.
- Competitive based salary up to $170K
- Clear five year growth plan into a vice president
- Full benefits package
- Industry leading company offering excellent stability and pipeline of projects
- Opportunity for growth into senior level positions
- Company Vehicle
- Gas Card
- Per Diem pay
Associated topics: construction, consultant, custom, director, gcc, healthcare, scheduler, site, superintendent, supervisor
* Estimated salary
You may be interested in these similar jobs near Milwaukee, WI!