Assistant Director, Program Management
Northwestern Mutual in Milwaukee, WI
- Industry: Information Technology - Project And Product Manager
- Type: Full Time
At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What's the role?
- Organizing programs and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization.
- Developing new programs to support the strategic direction of the organization.
- Creating and managing long-term goals.
- Developing a budget and operating plan for the program.
- Developing an evaluation method to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement.
- Writing program funding proposals to guarantee uninterrupted delivery of services.
- Managing a team with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities.
- Ensuring goals are met in areas including customer satisfaction, safety, quality and team member performance.
- Implementing and managing changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved.
- Meeting with stakeholders to make communication easy and transparent regarding project issues and decisions on services.
- Producing accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle.
- Identify, track, analyze & mitigate program risks & issues
- Developing & implementing strategic objectives with senior leadership
- Formulate, organize, coordinate, & monitor inter-connected projects
- Lead and evaluate project managers and other staff
- Apply change, risk and resource management
- Assume responsibility for the program s people and vendors
- Assess program performance and aim to maximize ROI
- Execute appropriate reporting for program needs
- Manage program and team s demand management
- Proven experience in program management and tooling
- Proven stakeholder management skills.
- Proven experience managing a team - leadership
- Proven working experience in project management/Agile tooling and methodology
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking
- Bachelor's Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
- Able to define program governance (controls)
- Budget Management
- Ability to manage risks and issues and taking corrective measures
- Coordinating the projects and their inter-dependencies;
- Managing and utilizing resources across projects;
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving ability
The program manager must have strong practical experience in project management, which was gained through managing large and complex projects. He or she must have the following:
- Good knowledge and handling of project and program management methodology and techniques
- Good understanding of the wider objectives of the program
- Ability to work positively with the wide range of individuals involved in program management
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Good knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures
- The ability to find innovative ways to resolve problems
- Developing and Tracking Budgets
- Project Management
- Process Improvement
- Verbal Communication
- Leading without authority
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!