Northwestern Mutual in Franklin, WI
- Industry: Information Technology - Software Architect And Senior Engineer
- Type: Full Time
At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
As the Tech Lead (manager) for the New Business Engineering team, you will be leading the technical design and solution delivery supporting the future enroll/underwriting process. You will lead a team of talented engineers to build out solutions on a modern, micro-services platform that is deployed to AWS. You will also be working very closely with our product managers and New Business stakeholders to align and prioritize work.
What's the role?
1) Support agile / lean culture and self-organizing teams that develop solutions. The focus of this leadership position is on delivering value, developing teams and leading change
2) Clarify objectives and remove impediments & barriers that prevent the team from achieving results
3) Monitor team performance and results through quantitative and qualitative measures of value, outcome, velocity, engagement, and satisfaction
4) Develop and grow the team through training, mentoring, and coaching as their people leader
5) Hands on development and delivery of features to supplement the team as needed
6) Recruit, hire and onboard talent ensuring the right mix of talent within team
Bring Your Best to the role!
- Experience with engineering best practices to include analyzing, designing, developing, deploying and supporting software solutions and/or infrastructure implementations/upgrades
- Experience working with AWS or other Cloud providers
- Experience mentoring and leading an engineering team
- Strong sense of ownership with a proven track record of successfully designing and delivering significant and impactful technology solutions
- Experience developing and leading solution delivery using agile methods
- Ability to successfully communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences in varying forms and levels of detail
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of professional development experience
- 1-2 years technical leadership with or without direct reports
Nice to haves:
- CI/CD experience
- DevOps experience
- Familiarity with git or other source control
- Familiarity with database technologies
- Workflow engines (preferably: Flowable)
- Container orchestration (preferably: Kubernetes)
- Infrastructure scripting (preferably: Terraform)
- Casual, Challenging and Collaborative Environment
- Extensive Professional Training Opportunities
- Excellent Work/Life Balance
- Hackathons/Commitment to Innovation
- Free Lunch
- Highly competitive compensation, including annual bonus opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, matching 401(k), pension program
- Tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client's interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associated topics: architect, backend, back end, c/c++, java, perl, php, programming, project architect, senior
You may be interested in these similar jobs near Franklin, WI!