Loading some great jobs for you...
The Registered Nurse, Multi-Specialty, performs as a professional nurse in the areas of patient care and education.
1. Utilizes the nursing process: assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation in all patient encounters.
2. Performs nursing procedures.
3. Assists medical provider with processing of diagnostic results bringing significant values to the provider s attention. Have knowledge of tests and procedures and their significance as related to patient care.
4. Administers medication by all routes. Demonstrates and understands administration techniques. Recognizes the implementation of dosages, interactions, side effects, adverse effects, routes of administration of drugs as they apply to individual patients. Uses knowledge of medications in instructing patients about medication therapy.
5. Triages/screens telephone call related to patient care.
a. Obtains appropriate information with attention to detail and accuracy (i.e. using direct symptom related questions keeping patient focused.)
b. Makes nursing assessment utilizing, theory and judgment, and patient information.
c. Implements appropriate care using nursing assessment, protocols, and standing orders.
6. Performs delegated medical acts and provides supervision as needed in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act to the LPNs and unlicensed personnel.
7. Assesses patient status to determine need for treatment or intervention in life threatening situations. Participates using emergency standing orders if needed, or under the direct supervision of a medical provider.
8. Establishes working relationships teaching protocols for patient education, family counseling and general public information.
9. Takes a leadership role in the facilitation of department functions including mentoring new staff and ensuring policies & procedures are followed.
10. Leads and participates in site process and policy improvement teams.
11. Cross train and staff other departments as needed.
12. Assists in the development and implementation of policies, protocols, standing orders and quality assurance standards.
13. Responsible for learning all departments as directed.
14. Maintains coverage for professional staff (LOA s, vacations, and sick time) and ability to travel to multiple locations.
15. Will receive orientation to other clinic locations.
16. Performs other duties as needed.
1. State Licensure or eligible for State Licensure as a Registered Nurse.
2. Must complete and pass the Proficiency Assessment delivered at the conclusion of the onboarding program.
3. Ability to adapt to a variety of situations and specialties.
4. Strong communication skills.
5. Ability to travel to other locations.
1. Relevant clinic experience
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Ability to sit or stand for extended periods and to move quickly between tasks.
2. Ability to hear and converse on the phone and in person.
3. Ability to see fine print and to use the computer.
4. Ability to perform fine motor tasks, such as when working with instruments, taking blood pressures and performing other patient care tasks, writing, computer or phone tasks.
5. Ability to safely lift up to 20 pounds and to push/pull up to 100 pounds when working with equipment, pushing wheelchairs or assisting with patient handling tasks.
6. Ability to bend/twist and crouch when performing various job tasks.
7. Ability to work with and to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment when working with blood borne pathogens or other chemicals.
8. Ability to wear a respirator/mask.
About SSM Health Dean Clinic-
Based in Madison, Wis., Dean Clinic consists of a network of more than 60 clinics in south-central Wisconsin. Our more than 500 physicians provide primary, specialty and tertiary care in the clinics as well as eye care through our Davis Duehr Dean locations. Dean Clinic also offers urgent care services and operates outpatient surgery centers. Dean Clinic joined SSM Health in 2013.