LHI Supervisor Customer Service - La Crosse, WI
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Customer Service/Call Center
At Optum, the mission is clear: Help people live heathier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone
LHI is one of 4 businesses under OptumServe. OptumServe provides health care services and proven expertise to help federal government agencies modernize the U.S. health system and improve the health and well - being of Americans.
By joining OptumServe you are part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a leader across most major segments in the U.S. health care system.
LHI was founded in 1999 and acquired by Optum in 2011, LHI specializes in creating and managing health care programs through on - location services, patient - specific in - clinic appointments, telehealth assessments, or any combination based on customer need. LHI's customizable solutions serve the diverse needs of commercial customers, as well as federal and state agencies, including the U.S. Departments of Defense, Veterans Affairs, and Health and Human Services.
There's an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life's best work.SM
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You’ll need to stay positive at all times especially in difficult situations. You’ll be asked to mentor, challenge and communicate effectively with all different types of people.Primary Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and supervise daily / weekly / monthly activities of a team members
- Set priorities for the team to ensure task completion and performance goals are met
- Coordinate work activities with other supervisors, managers, departments, etc.
- Identify and resolve operational problems using defined processes, expertise and judgment
- Provide coaching, feedback and annual performance reviews as well as formal corrective action
- Play a key role in the hiring and interviewing processes
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of supervisory and / or leadership experience preferably with direct reports
- 3+ years of experience analyzing and solving customer problems in an office, claims or customer service environment
- 1+ years of work experience using Microsoft Excel (filtering, sorting, saving, basic summations)
- 1+ years of work experience using Microsoft Word (creating, editing, saving documents)
- Proficiency with Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications
- Experience using Microsoft Outlook (creating and maintaining a calendar and basic email management)
- Ability to work 10:00 am - 7:00 pm CST Monday through Friday with rotating Saturday 7:00 am - 3:00 pm CST (with one weekday off)
- Associate's Degree (or higher) in Healthcare, Business or other related field
- Working knowledge of Contact Center systems and platforms
- ISO experience / knowledge
- Ability to multi - task including the ability to understand multiple contracts and multiple levels of benefits within each contract
- Ability to work harmoniously on a team
- Excellent problem solving skills, strong time management and organizational skills, ability to multi - task while working in a fast paced environment and strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail; ability to communicate and coordinate effectively with staff and employees at all levels within the company and external customers
Careers with LHI. Our focus is simple. We’re innovators in cost - effective health care management. And when you join our team, you’ll be a partner in impacting the lives of our customers, and employees. We’ve joined OptumHealth, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the health system work better for everyone. We’re located on the banks of the beautiful Mississippi River in La Crosse, Wis., with a satellite office in Chicago and remote employees throughout the United States. We’re supported by a national network of more than 25,000 medical and dental providers. Simply put, together we work toward a healthier tomorrow for everyone. Our team members are selected for their dedication and mission - driven focus. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.UnitedHealth Group
is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: customer service representative, customer service, CSR, UnitedHealth Group, call center, UnitedHealthcare, health care, healthcare, office, phone support, training class, customer service advocate, customer service rep, Manager, Management, SupervisorJob Requirements:
Loading some great jobs for you...